7 Simple Soy Recipes | Meatless Monday
Although soybeans are hotly debated legumes, they’re a good source of protein for anyone avoiding meat on Mondays—or every day of the week.
And since April is National Soy Foods Month, we wanted to share with you some of our favorite recipes that incorporate the plant-based protein. Whether your ingredient of choice is miso, tempeh or tofu, it’s simple to include soy at breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even dessert. Pick organic soy products when possible to avoid consuming soybeans that have been genetically modified.
Banana, Berry, and Tofu Smoothie Start your day with a nutrient-packed blend that’s easy on your belly.
Tofu Spinach Wrap This easy-to-assemble lunch is spicy and satisfying.
Edamame Hummus When snack time rolls around, wake up your taste buds by subbing soybeans for chickpeas.
Baked Eggplant with Miso The Japanese eggplant in this vegetarian recipe tastes sweeter than the traditional eggplant used in Italian cooking. Plus, it has fewer seeds.
Lemony Shells with Edamame With only five ingredients, this citrusy supper is perfect for spring.
Fast Tempeh Stir-Fry Add some flair to your next Asian-inspired meal by trying tempeh in place of tofu.
Chocolate Tofu Cheesecake Pack in protein even when you’re eating dessert. The lighter ingredients in this recipe make it slightly less sinful.photo: iStockphoto/Thinkstock
- awesomeocelot reblogged this from womenshealthmag
- habbiba likes this
- flattummyproject reblogged this from gettingahealthybody
- 94shila likes this
- hellowonderwoman likes this
- xtinaluvspink1 likes this
- if-looks-could-really-kill reblogged this from gettingahealthybody
- sexierhealthierme reblogged this from healthfulbeauti
- healthfulbeauti reblogged this from gettingahealthybody
- hollacamilita likes this
- gettingahealthybody reblogged this from womenshealthmag
- kberez likes this
- shaundriarae reblogged this from womenshealthmag
- electrickittenn likes this
- jlbaumgartner likes this
- mathildeballet likes this
- classicaldisaster likes this
- heysessica reblogged this from womenshealthmag
- womenshealthmag posted this